European Technology and Innovation Platform Bioenergy – Support of Renewable Fuels and Advanced Bioenergy Stakeholders 2
The project “European Technology and Innovation Platform Bioenergy – Support of Renewable Fuels and Advanced Bioenergy Stakeholders 2” (ETIP-B-SABS 2) is funded through the European Research and Innovation Programme Horizon 2020 under Grant Agreement No 825179.
ETIP-B-SABS 2 supports and empowers renewable fuel and bioenergy stakeholders’ contributions to the Energy Union and, more specifically, the Strategic Energy Technology Plan (SET Plan). ETIP Bioenergy aims to actively engage with these stakeholders and link their needs to policy making of the European Commission, and the project´s objective is to support ETIP Bioenergy in this task. Specific objectives are to facilitate the following activities of ETIP Bioenergy:
- Contributions to the SET Plan activities and to the Strategic R&I Implementation Plans;
- Collaboration and interaction with other relevant initiatives addressing renewable fuels, decarbonisation of transport, bioenergy and biomass valorisation/ bio-based value chains;
- Constant provision of scientifically sound, unbiased, up-to-date information on the status of the renewable fuels and bioenergy sector;
- Engagement with stakeholders to better understand the actor perspective and the socio-technical aspects of technology development and implementation with a special focus on support for outreach and engagement of actors in the civil society;
- Assistance to the European Commission and Member States in defining research programmes, financial instruments, while addressing lower TRL research needs as well as advancing close to market technologies.
Building on a 14 years track of support to the European Biofuels and Technology Platform (EBTP) and the ETIP Bioenergy, the project aims at an increased cohesion of bioenergy and renewable fuels stakeholders by initiating discussions and interactions on hot topics related to advanced and innovative bioenergy technologies. Key instruments to achieve this aim are the ETIP Bioenergy website, fact sheets, reports, newsletters and networking events at different scales. The project compiles scientifically sound, fact-based information on technical and non-technical bioenergy/renewable fuel issues.
The consortium consists of five partners from four countries. The Agency for Renewable Resources (FNR) is responsible for the overall coordination of the project. Further project partners are BEST – Bioenergy and Sustainable Technologies GmbH from Austria, ETA-Florence Renewable Energies from Italy, the Central European Initiative (CEI) from Italy and RISE Innventia AB from Sweden.
Duration: 40 months, 09/2018 – 12/2021
FNR contact person: Thies Fellenberg
This project has received funding from the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 825179.