PLATFORM brought together ERA‐NETs and other relevant public-to-public (P2P) partnerships in the area of the bioeconomy: food, agriculture, aquaculture, fisheries, forestry, climate, biodiversity and biotechnologies. PLATFORM was the forum for funders and programme managers and played since 2012 a central role in facilitating and improving the coherence between the P2P partnerships active in the bioeconomy. The follow-up project under H2020 (2015-2018) continued and expanded the work of FP7 PLATFORM (2012-2014) with the objectives: to further increase collaboration among actors, to foster inclusiveness, to increase capacities for efficient and effective ERA-NETs, and to inform research policy making.
The Agency for Renewable Resources (FNR) together with eight other European partners worked to improve networking, mutual learning, and exchange for a wider set of initiatives, including neighbouring ERA-NETs, JPIs, and working groups of SCAR.
During the PLATFORM2 runtime, several activities were organised and products derived:
Inspiring, open and interactive Annual Events where network actors and other stakeholders discuss emerging cooperation needs, opportunities and the impact of alignment.
- Annual Event 2015: September 10-11, 2015, Berlin
- Annual Event 2016: October 6-7, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Annual Event 2017: October, Rome, Italy
Master classes to provide training and share knowledge, ideas and first experiences
- Master Class on ERA-NET (Cofund) planning and call management, 25-26 June 2015, Brussels
- Master Class on Inclusiveness, 10-11 May 2016, Vienna, Austria
- Master Class on Cofund Actions - tools and methods for efficient call management, 7-8 June 2017, Copenhagen, Denmark
Workshops to discuss options for long-term Member States research and innovation cooperation in the area of the bioeconomy and related subjects.
- Workshop 'Think Back, Act Forward’, Friday 27 March 2015, Schiphol, The Netherlands
- Workshop on Monitoring, Evaluation and Impact Assessment 8-9 June 2017, Copenhagen, Denmark
Bioeconomy P2P networks information source a repository of data on ERA-NETs, calls, and the transnational research projects. The data compilation and analysis allow easy access to currently scattered information for informed decision making.
Policy briefs based on analyses of ongoing coordination and alignment, and further collaboration needs in the area of bioeconomy: examples of good practice, recommendations for alignment activities and contributions to evolvement of the ERA instruments
PLATFORM received funding from the European Union’s Seventh Programme for research, technological development and demonstration under grant agreement No 288422.
PLATFORM2 received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 652635.