Proposals are invited on the topic "Sustainable management of water resources in agriculture, forestry and freshwater aquaculture sectors", and comprises the following challenges:
- Increasing the efficiency and resilience of water uses
- Monitoring and reducing soil and water pollution
- Integrating social and economic dimensions into the sustainable management and governance of water resources
This Call is for collaborative transnational research proposals. Consortia should include a minimum of three eligible partners that request funding from three different participating countries. Researches from other countries can also participate at their own costs (commitment needed for being associated to a consortium applying to the Water JPI 2016 Joint Call). The indicative total available budget amounts to 26M€, subject to the successful negotiation of the WaterWorks2015 ERA-NET Cofund with the European Commission.
The 2016 Joint Call is funded by 25 funding organisations from 22 countries – with the European Commission participation.
For Germany there is participation from Agency for Renewable Resources (FNR) and Bundesanstalt für Landwirtschaft und Ernährung (BLE).
- Applicants whose proposed research is related to the sustainable production and exploitation of renewable raw materials will be administered by FNR.
- Applicants whose proposed research is not related to renewable raw materials will be administered by BLE.
- German applicants have to define the proposed topic in order to assign the proposal to the relevant funding programme of FNR or BLE. German applicants are requested to contact FNR/BLE via Email to waterworks(at)fnr.de or Vera.Steinberg(at)ble.de until 04.04.2016 to ensure his/her participation meets all of the National Eligibility Criteria. In this Email the proposed project should briefly be summarised and the work of the German partner be outlined in German language. A brief assignment to the respective funding programme of FNR or BLE (incl. short reasoning) should be aimed at.
FNR Fachagentur Nachwachsende Rohstoffe e.V. – Agency for Renewable Resources
Email contact: waterworks(at)fnr.de
Organisational contact: Carina Lemke +49 (0) 3843-6930-169; Dr. Boris Vashev +49 (0) 3843-6930-162
Scientific contact: Birthe Dehmel +49 (0) 3843-6930-207
BLE Bundesanstalt für Landwirtschaft und Ernährung, Unit 315 – European Research Affairs
Dr. Elke Saggau +49 (0) 228 6845 3930, elke.saggau(at)ble.de
Vera Steinberg +49 (0) 228 6845 3653, vera.steinberg(at)ble.de