The Horizon 2020 funded project SEEMLA is running in its last half year of implementation. Currently the Pilot cases, which handle trials with different energy crops, are still ongoing in Germany, Greece and Ukraine. Furthermore, the first life cycle assessment (LCA) has been performed and results were presented and the GIS-tool is under continuous improvement. The recent version of the newsletter can be accessed via the project website http://www.seemla.eu/.
The Newsletter informs about recent events and project developments:
- The second SEEMLA International Symposium was held on the 15th of May in Copenhagen during the EUBCE. Furthermore, SEEMLA, other European and national projects related to the issue of bioenergy as well as Maria Georgiadou, from the Renewable Energy Sources Unit of the European Commission (DG Research & Innovation) have been involved.
- In the occasion of the event, the preliminary results of the trials with different energy crops from the pilot cases, were presented.
- The identification and mapping of the marginal lands as well as the development of the SEEMLA GIS tool (https://www.seemla.eu/en/seemla-tools/) were presented.
- Preliminary results from the Life Cycle Assessment and the Life Cycle Enviromental Impact Assessment (LC-EIA) were presented.
- SEEMLA survey invitation about your experience about marginal lands and biomass exploitation (https://ec.europa.eu/eusurvey/runner/SEEMLASurvey2018).
- Upcoming event in 2018: November 2018 (date to be defined): SEEMLA final conference in Brussels
We hope you will enjoy reading our newsletter and also hope to meet you at our upcoming events!