Join a series of six webinars from 16 to 25 June 2020, organized by the Agency for Renewable Resources (FNR) on behalf of ERA CoBioTech, to learn about the progress and achievements of 34 excellent research projects funded by the network and its precursor ERA-Nets!
The ERA-Net Cofund on Biotechnologies is an ERA Net Cofund Action under Horizon 2020, which
aims to strengthen the European Research Area (ERA) in the field of Biotechnology through enhanced cooperation and coordination of different national and regional research programs, promoting systems biology and synthetic biology as technology drivers to speed up research and innovation in industrial biotechnology.
During the webinars 34 research consortia, supported by ERA CoBioTech, working
- to bring new insights about the potential of microbial communities, co-cultures and cascades of microorganisms for new products or biological processes,
- to synthesise new or to improve existing cell factories (bacteria, archaea, yeasts, fungi, algae, etc.)
- to isolate new and to improve the performance of existing enzymes (biocatalysts) and enzyme cascades etc.
- to optimise microbial communities for better performance,
- to upscale industrial processes and to increase their efficiency and economic feasibility, and
- to discover new, efficient and sustainable methods for manufacturing bioproducts,
will present their current progress.
The outcomes of the research projects are expected to provide significant contribution to the optimisation of different parts of the value chains of various biobased products used in our everyday life such as platform and commodity chemicals (biosurfactants, bioadhesives, solvents, biopolymers and coatings, biofuels), ingredients (flavours, fragrances, etc.) applied in the food and cosmetic industry, agrochemicals, products for personal care and steroids, antibiotics and other bioactive compounds used in human and veterinary medicine.
Next to the excellent research the projects also focus on open dialogue with the general public and study the social, economic and environmental impact of their funding and the potential commercialisation of their achieved results.
Curios to learn more about the progress and ongoing activities in the ERA CoBioTech funded projects?
Follow the link below to find the webinars agenda.
Register under the links below to obtain information on how to join the particular webinar sessions:
- ERA CoBioTech Status Webinar 1 on Jun 16, 2020 1:00 PM CEST
- ERA CoBioTech Status Webinar 2 on Jun 18, 2020 11:00 AM CEST
- ERA CoBioTech Status Webinar 3 on Jun 19, 2020 11:00 AM CEST
- ERA CoBioTech Status Webinar 4 on Jun 22, 2020 1:00 PM CEST
- ERA CoBioTech Status Webinar 5 on Jun 24, 2020 1:00 PM CEST
- ERA CoBioTech Status Webinar 6 on Jun 25, 2020 1:00 PM CEST
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 722361.
FNR contact person: Dr. Boris Vashev