ERA CoBioTech invites to the European Biotechnology and Society Online Seminar Series. This online event is a part of the ERA CoBioTech additional activities programme, organized in the framework of the European BioTech Hub by FNR in collaboration with the University of Edinburgh and Durham University.
The series, consisting of six seminars, will explore the social, environmental, political and ethical dimensions of biotechnology in Europe and will run weekly on Wednesdays from 30 September to 4 November 2020 at 14:00 – 15:00 (CE(S)T).
Each seminar will bring two speakers into dialogue, offering their perspectives on new approaches, methods, and analyses that help us understand the place of biological science in the world today.
With speakers from within and beyond ERA CoBioTech, the sessions will address the following topics:
- Responsible research & innovation;
- The politics of genetic engineering;
- Environmental, social and economic sustainability of biotechnologies;
- Interdisciplinarity methodologies for collaboration across the social and natural sciences;
- Relationships between science and citizens;
- Science policy activities of research funders;
- Practical lessons about responsible research & innovation from researchers at the interface of science, technology and society.
The full agenda is available at the link below:
On 21 October 2020 at 18:00 CEST, we will host the first ever CoBioTavern – a virtual pub for informal discussion and networking among the participants and the speakers.
The event will take place on zoom. A link to join will be sent together with the confirmation of your registration. Participation is free of charge but requires registration, which you can do here:
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 722361.
FNR contact person: Dr. Boris Vashev